Sunday, September 04, 2005

made me cry...

So, I sat down with allthe girls this morning to talk just a little about Hurricane Katrina and the church's Humanitarian Aid fund. I asked them to think a little about donating some money for it. I didn't tell them how much..just that they realize that we have our needs met and so many of the victims have nothing. No food, no clothes, no pets. Madalyn went over to her coin purse and took out a dollar. Abigail did the same thing. Chelsea went downstairs for a bit and then came to me in my scrapbook room and said, "Here's my money. It's all that I have." She had $30 dollars in her hand. It was everything that she had saved in her little drawer. I teared up and didn't know what to say. I cried and cried and hugged her. I was humbled by her generousity. It's more than I was going to give. Chantel came to me even later and also gave me $30. I asked her why she was giving so much. She said that she had plenty. I cried some more. I was humbled once again. I am so proud of them for truely giving till it hurts...especially Chelsea. She made a sacrifice that was hard for her. She will be blessed because of it. I cried some more when I called Paul at the bishop's office and asked him to bring home five tithing and donation slips for all of us. Their faith is incredible. I can certainly learn from their examples.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa, I always knew you were a wonderful mom...what a proud moment for you, and what sweet, generous girls you are raising.

9/4/05, 8:11 PM  
Blogger Helena said...

That's so sweet! I'm sure they will be blessed for their sacrifice.

9/4/05, 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Teresa!! That's so touching! What wonderful girls you have!

9/6/05, 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa- what sweet, sweet girls you have! Definitely, you should feel proud of the way you have raised them!

9/6/05, 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home