Tuesday, February 28, 2006

garage doors and sleep...

SOmetimes I have a hard time putting things out of my mind.

Last night, for example, as we were going to bed I wondered if the garage door had been pulled down. Abby had been out earlier riding her bike and had come in for dinner. Just as we were getting ready to eat, the RS president came to the door for Paul. They stepped out on the porch to chat for a bit so certainly he would have seen the garage door up and pulled it down.

Our garage is a disaster and he hates to have people see it. I could really care less what people think about the insides of our garage.

ANyway, I thought about it for a bit as I lay in bed trying to go to sleep. I couldn't ask Paul about it because he was already asleep. So I fianlly fall asleep and wake up around 1am or so. Still thinking about the garage door.

What could people take from there?
Would it be completely empty in the morning?
Certainly I could hear if people were out there taking things.
How many people would help themselves to our stuff?

So, I finally get up and put on slippers and a robe and go out the front door to check the garage door.

Guess what? It was still up..never closed...

So, if I would have taken care of it when I first thought of it..I maybe could have slept a little better. And by the way....no one took any of our junk ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carin said...

I hope that if I leave my garage door open some one will come "clean it out" save me the trouble :) I know the feeling I do the same thing if I don't go check every door in the house before bed.

2/28/06, 11:05 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Teresa- sorry about the rough night's sleep! I hate it when our kids leave ours up too!

3/1/06, 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home