ramblings....

Thinking back on Christmas, there were so many things that didn't happen or get accomplished like I would have liked. But the very best thing about Christmas this past year is that it fell on a Sunday. Attending church that day was wonderful. After spending the morning together and then going to church; it felt so good. A simple reminder of why we were celebrating Christmas and spending time with our little family. Just before we left for church, I took a photo of the girls. Honestly, I thought the pink and green would look so very cute on a Christmas layout ;)
In other news, or teenage drama, or mommy moments..whatever....the 2nd term of school is done. Grades have been recorded and the report cards brought home. I can't begin to express how happy I am that the girls work hard in school. They don't receive the best of the best grades, but they do their very best. Even after the mom nagging and checking their grades almost constantly, I am always proud of their scores. I hope they understand how important these grades are. Especially the high school grades...I've tried to instill in them the drive to do well. To have a goal to attend college and to work hard for scholarships...that is the one way that I see us ever affording college for them. Pick a profitable degree..something that you enjoy and will provide a future. Chelsea's goal is to be a dentist! We talked with her the other day and explained that her most important responsibility is to be a mother but that the dental field is a great goal....what about a dental hygeinist...less years of school and they make pretty good $$ from what I understand. Chantel is still deciding but she knows that she wants to attend BYU. I pulled up the statistics the other day for her to see the average GPA and ACT scores. Pretty daunting...but I know she has the ability. :)
Debating about making some treats today...cinnamon rolls sound so good, but I might not have the patience to wait that long. There's always chocolate chips in the cupboard....

1 Comments:
Teresa where did you find the info about the GPA and ACT scores? This could be a very helpful tool in making Miranda turn in her homework.
Post a Comment
<< Home