Sunday, April 19, 2009

easter, spring, and a quilt...


just a little picture from Easter. Tried taking pictures outside and it was cool and breezy. But we had a nice Easter together. We went to the Wakefield's for breakfast in the morning with a few other families. We had Jayton's signature heart attack breakfast sandwich (bacon, eggs, sausage & cheese on toasted bread. MMM they were delish! I'll just eat and enjoy while my husband likes to fret about the fat and calories. Just eat and zip it dear! Said with love of course! Went to church with all the girls. Enjoyed the messages that were shared. Then came home and made dinner for the family. Ham, red potatoes, asparagus and deviled eggs. Chels made the eggs and she is a pro at those. Had a little Lime Chiffon Pie for dessert that evening. It was a enjoyable day together. :)

Spring BReak was this week and it certainly wasn't very spring-ish. Snow and cold during the week. I let the girls be slugs and decided I wouldn't care too much about how they were spending their time. Love it how CHels starts doing her homework on FRiday night. Silly girl! Speaking of..she took the ACT a couple of weeks ago and got back her score. She got a 28! Holy cow! I was surprised it was that high. I was thinking a 22 or even a 24, but she kicked out an awesome score! She wants to take it again and hopefully can get a higher score and get some $$ for college at BYU. Woo Hoo!

A couple of weeks ago I went home with my parents to Vancouver WA. It was nice trip and I enjoyed the time away. I really liked the ice cream everyday :) We went to the coast, the Tillamook Cheese factory, the water falls in the Columbia Gorge, and toured a historic mansion, went to a couple of quilt shoppes too. Just a laid back sort of trip. I don't know if I'd do it all by myself again - poor Madalyn had a hard time without me. Especially the first few days...I felt really bad. But my family missed me and quite honestly that was the point ;)

Working on this quilt still...tried laying a few blocks out on the table to see what it would look like. Not in love with it but I just really want it done. Tons of little pieces! Argh..

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Love your quilt! Lots of tiny pieces! Amazing!

4/22/09, 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home