Wednesday, January 07, 2009

happy new year...

yeah, so I'm still here. Christmas and Thanksgiving and the New Year kind of took me by surprise. Not that I don't know how to read a calendar or anything, but I felt so unprepared for EVERYTHING. I can't tell you the number of mini-meltdowns I had over things that didn't really matter but they felt important enough that I stressed out too much over them. My poor husband put up with alot of crying female emotions. Lame.

But regardless, Thanksgiving was fun with Carl's family and David's family. The break seemed too short. Christmas break was just about the perfect length. I was ready to send those kidlets back to school..and my husband back to work ;)


Chantel had her wisdom teeth out the first day of her winter break so she was a little loopy for the first three or four days. She was pretty funny. This picture was taken just a couple days after having them out. Wes came over to visit for a little bit and she couldn't laugh because it hurt too much. Silly kids..

We spent CHristmas Eve at Carl's house, eating yummy food and playing games. We laughed alot and enjoyed each other's company. It will be a little wierd next year when Michael will be gone on his mission. He'll be missed but this year he was just a goof :)
Christmas DAy was spent at home. Relaxed and a slow sort of day. It snowed lightly pretty much the entire day - so it was very pretty. I worried about the gifts this year and as usual it all worked out and no one seemed to notice if there was less or not. I felt a huge relief just to have it done.

Abby turned 14 on New Years Eve...we celebrated a little on that day and took her out to eat on New Years Day. The girls were out and about having fun for the New Year..except Madalyn who came along to the Wakefield's New Year's Eve party. She enjoyed it up till about 11 o'clock and then she was tired and bored. Ha ha but she survived.

It's been interesting and fun to see the girls hanging out with alot of friends over the break...Chantel was busy pretty much every night and not with the same person (her boyfriend broke up with her just before the break so she had quite the parade of boys to see and do stuff with), Chelsea had a boy that she did quite alot of stuff with and Abby played with her friends here and there. Fun times. I am still debating on sending out my Christmas cards that sit here on my desk half finished. I just need to do it and get them out of here. More lameness on my part ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home