Thursday, June 26, 2008

and more...


On Friday in DC we decided to go to Arlington. We had been told to pay for the tour there because it was better than walking. After my experience two years ago, I thought it was a great idea. We woke up late that morning and headed over to the cemetery on the Metro. I love the Metro. So easy and really a great way of transportation while we were there :) We stopped at the Eternal Flame for the Kennedy's, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers and Arlington House. My favorite part was the routine changing of the guards at the soldier's tomb. A good reminder of the reverence many of our soldiers deserve. We were at Arlington for quite a while and then headed over to the Air and Space Museum. I wish we would have had more time to spend there in the "Air" wing. Some of the displays are different than what I had seen before. Of course the American History Museum was closed for renovations and the displays that used to b e at the Air/Space museum were no longer being shown..they had stopped in April. Really sad because the American History museum was on of my favorites. After closing we walked back to our hotel through the Sculpture Gardens. There was a Jazz concert starting and if we were smart, we would have plopped down on a blanket and listened for a while but I think we were way to hungry. We ate at a mexican grill sort of place and pretty much relaxed in our hotel room doing crossword puzzles and sudoko for the rest of the night. Once again...way hot and tired DC feet :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carin said...

I am green I would LOVE to go to DC!

6/28/08, 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home