vacation still...
Man. I'm pretty slow when it comes to getting this done.
On Monday we decided to hike the waterfalls along the Columbia Gorge. Of course it was rainy and cool, but it still wasn't too bad till it started raining alot near the end of our hikes.
We started in Troutdale and drove the old highway to Chantecleer Point and then to the Vista House at Crown Point. After that we stopped at each of the waterfalls and walked to trails to them.
I love how lush and green everything is.
One of the falls, I think it was Bridalveil, was a downhill hike and a bit longer than the others so the hike back was not so pleasant. Uphill and the girls certainly weren't being leisurely about it. I thought my lungs would explode! Seriously, the best part of the trip for the girls was at Multanomah Falls. As we pulled into the parking lot, there were quite a few large trucks and production-looking vehicles. We thought that someone might be filming there, and then I noticed that on the side of the trucks it said "Twilight Productions LLC"! The girls freaked!! As we walked to the falls, we could see three or four canopies with people underneath them and just then the actor playing Edward in Twilight stepped out a little and the girls could see him. Jenni was elated! She wanted to take a picture and didn't know if they would let her..I told her to just go ask so CHelsea and her did. It was just Edward and Bella there filming but that is certainly good enough for any teenage girl. It was only Edward that they cared about really ;)
So, pictures were taken and that moment was the highlight of the trip for the girls! It was pretty classic! Jenni would just sigh and say, "I saw Edward...I touched his shoulder." So funny...
Tuesday we went into Portland to Powell's bookstore, one of the largest in the US, and then tried to find a deli for lunch. It took us awhile to got the hang of the one-way roads and construction, but we saw more than we wanted in downtown. ha ha We even drove by PSU and told the girls that they could go to school there if they wanted to. The opted out of that idea! We tried to do the riverwalk but there was seriously no parking, so we drove over to the trendy shopping spot, I think it was NW 23rd Ave, and still couldn't find any parking!
We just decided to drive to Lake Oswego and walk around the temple. We found it without a problem and loved the grounds. So very beautiful. They even let us go into the Atrium for a bit. We hit a couple of quilt stores for me and then went to the Ice Cream Parlor for more Tillamook ice cream. My goal was to have Tillamook ice cream everyday!! I succeeded, by the way. ;) We took a different way back home than the way we came. Chantel's favorite bridge was the "roller coaster bridge" so they snapped a few photos as we drove past. I've never been on so many bridges before ;)
On Monday we decided to hike the waterfalls along the Columbia Gorge. Of course it was rainy and cool, but it still wasn't too bad till it started raining alot near the end of our hikes.
Tuesday we went into Portland to Powell's bookstore, one of the largest in the US, and then tried to find a deli for lunch. It took us awhile to got the hang of the one-way roads and construction, but we saw more than we wanted in downtown. ha ha We even drove by PSU and told the girls that they could go to school there if they wanted to. The opted out of that idea! We tried to do the riverwalk but there was seriously no parking, so we drove over to the trendy shopping spot, I think it was NW 23rd Ave, and still couldn't find any parking!

4 Comments:
that is SO COOOOOOLL!!!! :) happy for your girls :)
I'M SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS! LOL! Ok, I'm a grown woman and I really shouldn't act this way, hahaha! Those dang Twilight books.
Oh.my.gosh!!! I would have DIED!! But I'm sure that Edward and Bella probably wouldn't have obliged a woman in her mid-thirties! LOLOLOL! What lucky girls!!
What beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home