mother's day...and lack of jobs...
so Sunday was Mother's Day...it was a good day :) My family was nice to me ;) That's about all I can ask for, huh? Really..that and to do the dishes and make dinner and give me chocolate. Ha ha Seriously, I've learned not to make it a big deal and then it all turns out okay :) We went to Rob Gerke's farewell in the morning..he is one seriously awesome kid! I loved his talk..he made me cry..doesn't take much anymore...
I had a fun little shopping trip with Chantel on Friday. Went to Ikea and a couple of quilt shoppes. Bought some way cute fabrics and a pattern or two. Broadbent's in Lehi was a really cute little store. I was pleasantly surprised. :)
But maybe I should have been not so free with my $40 on Friday because on Monday my husband came home from work early. With not a happy look on his face. Come to find out there was a little meeting that morning and there isn't a lot of people in the country spending their money on bronze sculptures. So there's not a large amount of money coming in to those place that create bronze sculptures....so...can you see where this is going?
My husband got laid off on Monday.
That's it..no more job...no more income. Super, huh? And isn't that so nice, because I don't really work from home anymore either..(or that's what I have or haven't heard, ....just that there are some "changes"..anyway..)..because the scrapbook world is kind of not what it used to be either. So there you go... unemployed ... kind of makes us humble. But, then you just have faith and realize that things will work out, not necessarily on our time table or how we think it should. But we just know it will because there really is nothing else we can do but try our best to make this a better situation than what it is right now...

3 Comments:
so sorry to hear about the job...Your attitude is inspiring. Good luck!
Teresa,
I stalk your blog from time to time and I just wanted to give you a cyber hug. (((Teresa)))
I am pretty much in the same boat as you. My DH has been unemployed since Dec. We have been living on our savings, but that's pretty much gone now. Ain't it fun??
I am so thankful to have the gospel to help my keep my perspective. And to remind me where to turn for peace.
I hope your hubby finds a job soon.
Good luck!!
Kassie
Teresa, sorry about the job thing. I don't think it will be long before we enter the "zero income" club. Not a fun place to be. I keep telling myself sometimes you have to get the boot to find something better. But, man I know that kick hurts. You are in our prayers, and if you need to get out of the house I'm not that far away. I'd love to get together.
Post a Comment
<< Home