Wednesday, July 02, 2008

and more....

So the next day was Saturday and it was going to be HOT! We decided to head to the Holocaust Museum this morning. We figured that we would try to be inside for the day since it was so dang hot. Did I mention that they were having record high's while we were there? Holy cow! The museum was really good, no pictures allowed inside, but I seriously came out of there thinking about how people need to stand up for the wrongs they seeing done instead of turning a blind eye. Now I know I didn't live then and no one knows what they would do until they are in a certain situation, but I was reminded of how we should always be standing up for what is right and good. After that we headed for the Natural History Museum for a few hours. Saw lots of skeletons, crystals, animals, insects and the such. Silly twosome acting like hippos!? It was way busy in there too since it was a Saturday. We decided to change our tickets for the NAtionals game for Saturday night instead of Sunday afternoon, so we left the museum after a while and went back tot he hotel for a nap and food. We headed to the game on the Metro to the new stadium. It was no problem switching our tickets and worth a few extra dollars to be at a night game instead of the day one (in the heat)! We arrived quite early so we found some shade to sit in for a while and got to our seats right before it started. They were playing the Giants and we had a few fans around us cheering for them too. Of course the Giants won and we got to see a grand slam. Awesome! It was a fun game even though we were sweating so dang much. It didn't cool down until the last hour or so of the game. As they game was being played, we could see storm clouds making their way in our direction with awesome lighting towards the Mall and Capitol. As the game ended and were were walking to the Metro, those clouds reached us and it started pouring! Huge raindrops and scary thunder. But it was fun. Getting there and back on the Metro was really the best way to go. Very easy but really crowded...I kept holding hands with Paul and Chantel...wouldn't want to lose anyone ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger ANDREA said...

i really need to go to DC again. I went on school trip there when i was a junior. thats been many a year. but i LOVED DC- theres so many amazing places to go and things to see. I LOVED the hollocaust museum...loved it- despite its depressingness.

7/10/08, 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home