Feeling grateful...
We heard from the Hanks a couple of times in the past few days. They have had a little of adjusting time, but I think they sound pretty good. Hopefully, they have found an apartment and can get settled in soon.
I am grateful for a few comments that I heard at church yesterday. Number one - that the church is the same wherever you go and there are people watching over our loved ones. So thankful for so many good people who serve and love when I can't be there to do it myself. Second - we are not ever alone. I've spent a lot of time being angry and bitter about car accidents and unemployment and callings that weren't convenient. But here's the deal, even though I was mad and angry and bitter - my Heavenly Father still loves me and cares about me. I was never alone even when I felt completely alone, sad and forgotten. I simply forgot where to turn because I was too busy thinking about myself.
Anyway, school is busy again. Partnerships and strategy - that's what I do now ;) But I am grateful that my education has been a huge challenge and growing experience. Somewhere along the way in life, I hope to be able to inspire my girls and other moms to realize that education is important no matter your age or circumstance. Important does not equal easy though. It has been hard, I've cried and I've wondered if I'll understand or remember anything when I'm done. But, I know that there is a reason for the determination I have to finish. :)
I am grateful for a few comments that I heard at church yesterday. Number one - that the church is the same wherever you go and there are people watching over our loved ones. So thankful for so many good people who serve and love when I can't be there to do it myself. Second - we are not ever alone. I've spent a lot of time being angry and bitter about car accidents and unemployment and callings that weren't convenient. But here's the deal, even though I was mad and angry and bitter - my Heavenly Father still loves me and cares about me. I was never alone even when I felt completely alone, sad and forgotten. I simply forgot where to turn because I was too busy thinking about myself.
Anyway, school is busy again. Partnerships and strategy - that's what I do now ;) But I am grateful that my education has been a huge challenge and growing experience. Somewhere along the way in life, I hope to be able to inspire my girls and other moms to realize that education is important no matter your age or circumstance. Important does not equal easy though. It has been hard, I've cried and I've wondered if I'll understand or remember anything when I'm done. But, I know that there is a reason for the determination I have to finish. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home