Grandma!?

Seriously, me? A grandma? Amazing! Chantel had her baby just over two weeks ago. It was an incredible experience to realize that my daughter has a darling little baby of her own. I feel so badly that I can't be over and holding that darling little baby all the time. School has suddenly turned extremely inconvenient :) Just a few short weeks and this semester will be a thing of the past. I'm excited. Then I get to be a doting grandma, making blankets and quilts and buying cute little outfits and noisy toys ;) ha ha
I'm a little sad that our Hawaiian vacation has been sent away to the IRS this year. Wish I could be sitting here in May.
I'm still checking flights and rental homes to stay. A little wishful thinking on my part.
Plus, I'm wishing I would have purchased myself a laptop at the beginning of the school year. Maybe in the Fall. Especially if there are scholarships to help pay for one :)
In reality, we need to use our extra money to fix up a few things around the house. Carpet throughout the downstairs...remodel the downstairs bathroom and replace the newer kitchen floor (remember the falling Kitchen Aid that left it's mark) and back hall floor. New carpet in the living room and a few coats of paint all through the downstairs. Hmm....that Honey-do list just got huge ;)
Madalyn has another track meet tomorrow...hope it goes well. Paul practiced a few things with her and I hope they will help her speed. I had a fun time watching her last week and felt bad when she didn't do a good as she would have hoped.
Abby got her ACT scores back today.....she got a 28!! ANd that was without studying or preparing. She's a smart girl and we're proud of her :) Acceptance to college shouldn't be a huge hurdle to jump for her. What a relief :)
Well, off to bed. I've got a double class session of financial and tax tomorrow...should be exciting :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home