mom of the year...or not...
Oh boy, I really did it today. You know how mom's will go through the house when the kids aren't there and just find a few things to throw away? Things that the kids will never miss...old notebooks full of doodles, broken toys, shoes that just don't fit? Well, I had the plumber coming this morning and the downstairs hall just wasn't looking very presentable, so I went down with a big garbage bag. Emptied a few garbage cans, picked up a few papers, moved a few things to where they belong. Ended going into Abby's room and found a little pillow that had fallen off of her bed onto the floor. Picked it up and noticed that it was a little dirty and the seam was coming undone. Looked at it for just a sec and then tossed it into the bag. Found another one in the hall that belongs to Chelsea too. That one went into the bag also. Well, at bedtime tonight, Abby came upstairs asking if I had seen her "Happy" pillow (so named because one of her little friends from a few years ago had given it to her for Christmas and she had emboirdered the word happy onto it). I non-chanlantly said, that I didn't know where it was and as she left the room told Paul that I had chucked it this morning....into the garbage, out to the curb and away in the garbage truck.
Can you see where this is going?
Paul reminds me of the FHE lesson we just had...telling the truth, doing what Jesus would do, you know the concept. Anyway, as Abby came back around the corner I asked her come back in because I had something to tell her. So the loser mom had to tell the truth...that I picked it up and threw it away, not realizing that it would break her little heart. She tried so hard not to cry..wanted to back out to the garbage can to retrieve it. Had to tell her it was gone forever. So, now I need to teach her how to emboirder so we can make a new "Happy" pillow. Man - it feels so great to be a loser mom...
Can you see where this is going?
Paul reminds me of the FHE lesson we just had...telling the truth, doing what Jesus would do, you know the concept. Anyway, as Abby came back around the corner I asked her come back in because I had something to tell her. So the loser mom had to tell the truth...that I picked it up and threw it away, not realizing that it would break her little heart. She tried so hard not to cry..wanted to back out to the garbage can to retrieve it. Had to tell her it was gone forever. So, now I need to teach her how to emboirder so we can make a new "Happy" pillow. Man - it feels so great to be a loser mom...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home