the start of summer...
Well, Paul is coming home tomorrow evening. He's been all over Europe - Vienna, Prague, London, Lucerne, Munich.... I really hope that he had a good time and will come away from this trip with some valuable skills and insights that will help him in the future. I haven't heard from him very much..just every so often when he could borrow a cell phone or use someone's internet. The girls and I have missed him.
We've stayed pretty busy...for school being out, I've still felt like I'm driving kids everywhere. Chelsea has cheer practice every morning from 6:30-9:30 am! Much too early for my liking! Abby is doing a month of summer school Algebra in the mornings so she can be tested and placed in the Algebra class for 7th grade instead of the Pre-Algebra. They redid the test that the kids normally have to take and most of her peers in school didn't do very well either, even though they know the material quite well. I bought movie tickets for the Scera for Abby and Madalyn to go to once a week. Chelsea has worked twice so far at her job and is somewhat enjoying it. I'm sure she'll like it even more when she gets her paycheck! Chantel has been busy with friends this whole week and is working on the weekend. Saturday morning she takes the ACT again. Hoping for a better score than before :)
While Paul has been gone, I decided to re-do my scrapbook room. It was a nightmare moving all my stuff out of there to paint! I rearranged the desks and put up more shelves on one of my walls. My goal was to have it very beautiful by the time Paul was home, but now I'm just going for putting it back into the room that it belongs in. I've got stuff all over the house at the moment! HOpefully it will be all back together by this evening. Pictures will be coming soon...
Time to get moving...
We've stayed pretty busy...for school being out, I've still felt like I'm driving kids everywhere. Chelsea has cheer practice every morning from 6:30-9:30 am! Much too early for my liking! Abby is doing a month of summer school Algebra in the mornings so she can be tested and placed in the Algebra class for 7th grade instead of the Pre-Algebra. They redid the test that the kids normally have to take and most of her peers in school didn't do very well either, even though they know the material quite well. I bought movie tickets for the Scera for Abby and Madalyn to go to once a week. Chelsea has worked twice so far at her job and is somewhat enjoying it. I'm sure she'll like it even more when she gets her paycheck! Chantel has been busy with friends this whole week and is working on the weekend. Saturday morning she takes the ACT again. Hoping for a better score than before :)
While Paul has been gone, I decided to re-do my scrapbook room. It was a nightmare moving all my stuff out of there to paint! I rearranged the desks and put up more shelves on one of my walls. My goal was to have it very beautiful by the time Paul was home, but now I'm just going for putting it back into the room that it belongs in. I've got stuff all over the house at the moment! HOpefully it will be all back together by this evening. Pictures will be coming soon...
Time to get moving...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home