Monday, July 28, 2008

BBQ, Quilts and Boredom...

I really have don't know what to update with. We've been doing stuff but it's really not very exciting stuff ;) We did do a little BBQ for the 24th at the Clegg's with the Wakefield's. It was fun to just hang out and eat some yummy food. Speaking of yummy food...yesterday was the Baby Back Ribs with Corn on the Cob meal. We don't have it very often in the summer but when we do it's quite delish. I bough two racks of ribs cut them in half and then peppered them and wrapped in foil. I put all four half racks in the oven on a cookie sheet and cooked them @ 300 for 2 1/2 hours. Took them out, let them sit for about ten minutes and then threw them on the grill with BBQ sauce for about 8-10 minutes. We love Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and buy it from Costco. It's such a messy meal but tastes so good :)

I've been slowly working on this quilt this summer. I actually started it when I was pregnant with Madalyn...that was a long time ago ;) But I just want to get it done. It's been tedious sewing on all the strips, trimming and then sewing on more. I'm afraid that my log cabins are kind of crooked...just adds to the charm, right? I really would like to get it finished for this fall or winter. I have a nice stash of quilt kits that I'd like to start working on.

Today is such a laid back sort of day. Went to bed later than I wanted last night. Chantel had Skyler over (and he's been with her alot this summer) so I stayed up until he left. And it wasn't even that late...probably midnight but so many midnighter's make me realize that I'm certainly not a teenager anymore ;) I was so dang tired this morning and now I'm just being a slug. We might head to IKEA later to exchange a dresser for Chelsea's room. So that's my exciting life :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Freer Family said...

LOVE the quilt blocks. Your talents never cease to amaze me!

7/28/08, 3:26 PM  
Blogger Wakefield Family said...

Yeah miss talented, cook quilter, scap craper. everything I look up to you:)

7/31/08, 4:06 PM  
Blogger ANDREA said...

k- so i totally said outloud when you guys walked up at the softball game this week.."oh THERES the snyders and chantel is holding hands with a boy!!" I got elbowed from brad. woops. I was just shocked. he seems like a nice boy- but my goodness..shes a hottie and he is just not at her level. maybe i'm just prejudice. no - i dont think so. she's too cute for any boy. all of your girls are so cute- i love them.

and yeah- get on that quilt lady!!! i want to see it done. we need to do better at finishing our projects...i started a baby quilt a few weeks ago- all i've done is cut it out. i'll show you when i get further along though if you'll share with me :) deal? okay good.

8/7/08, 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home