tuesday...

This morning, Chelsea and I went on our own over to the National Archives. Very cool to see the original Declaration, Constitution and Bill of Rights. The line was quite long and we had to wait for quite a bit but Chelsea said that it was definitely worth the wait.

After the Archives, we went to the Natural History Smithsonian. It was here that Chelsea finally found a penny smashing machine. All of the Smithsonians had them, so she was quite happy to add to her collection. We went through this museum quite quickly. It was so busy with a ton of teenager tour groups there. The highlights included the Hope diamond and other jewels, minerals and geological displays. Uncle Darren would have really liked it ;) I liked the skeleton displays, with the spider monkey being very cool. We walked through the insect display as fast as we could. Chelsea wouldn't look at anything!! Funny girl.

After the Natural History museum, we headed over to the Smithsonian Museum of American History. We spent a ton of time in here. More on that later...

1 Comments:
I love how you are chronicling your D.C. trip. I can't wait to hear about the American History museum!
Post a Comment
<< Home