Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy Birthday time...


So yesterday was Chantel's birthday...she's 18 now...which is totally unbelievable to me. It can't really be that long ago that I had a little baby in my arms and now she thinks that she can move out and go to college! She had a good day, I think. She did have a test in her anthropology class in the morning but after that, the day was better. She came home from class and she opened her gifts before her dad went on his trip to Colorado. We obviously gave her quite a few gifts for her dorm room. Can you tell she loves the color pink? After the gifts were opened her friend Ryan (the 22-year old) came over and gave her a few gifts and they played the train game together. I joined in too along with Abby and Madalyn. He went home after about an hour or so. He really is a nice young man...just a little too old for my daughter at the moment ;)
After that, Chelsea and Chantel headed over to the mall for a birthday pretzel. Funny girls. Skyler came over after he was off of work and took her to Tucano's for dinner. They ate and then played a the park for a bit then came back here for cake and ice cream. She requested the Darn Good Chocolate Cake for her birthday. Not being one to disappoint, it wasn't a problem to make :) Love that cake!! Sang HAppy Birthday to the girlie and seriously, just as we got done singing Paul called to see how we were doing. Just missed the celebration by seconds! Grr....

I went out at 10:00 pm for a walk with Brenda and didn't make it back home until 11:20 pm!! She just kept walking and talking, I had no idea where she was headed! But it was a great walk...it's been a while since we've been able to chat :) After getting back home, the kids were watching the Lion King and Skyler left before midnight. I was surprised and told Chantel that I didn't have a problem with here staying out a little later for her birthday. She was a little sad that I didn't tell her that beforehand. Oh well :)

Paul is gone until Monday evening. He must of done a good job of letting the ward know he wasn't going to be home because we haven't gotten any phone calls so far. But it's only been 26 hours! I slept pretty good last night... no snoring ha ha ha! We ate dinner around six tonight, which is late for our family because Paul always comes home from work starving and wants to eat early..but I like getting it done early too...who wants to be doing dinner dishes at nine!?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cake is delicious! :D It makes me happy.
I'm having a hard time believing Chantel is 18! So don't worry, you're not the only one having problems :) Love ya mom! <3

8/8/08, 10:09 PM  
Blogger Ty Lyman said...

Wow, I'm glad I still have a few years till it's my turn. Watch that 22 year old though, been there done that:) All of your daughters are gorgeous girls. It's fun to watch them grow and not have to be the one to crack the whip. LOL 1 down and a few more to go :) Then you'll be officially old right? J/K

8/11/08, 10:28 PM  
Blogger Holly Child said...

Wow...Happy Birthday Chantel!!! Sounds like she had a fabulous day! :o)

8/12/08, 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home