Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a new year...

I haven't been blogging too much in the past few months..it was not an easy time for us. Unemployment took it's toll in so many ways, but we are happy to have it behind us because -

PAUL GOT A JOB!!

Old news to some of you, but he did get a job the week of Christmas. The best Christmas present we could have asked for :) He started working on January 4th and it is so wonderful to have him happy and excited for work and he comes home happy and our home is just different now. We are both happier and less stressed and it's just finally nice to feel that way.

He works at BYU which is wonderful because we have teenage girls who need to have tuition taken care of and now part of it will be. And I decided back in October that I would go back to school. I made all the arrangements and took care of financial aid and talked with the advisement center. And stressed and stressed about it. And decided to try the pre-Accounting core and see if that's something that I enjoy. And now with Paul's tuition benefits, I don't need to be so worried about finishing in such a short time...I have the time to stretch it out if I need to. That's a huge relief :) School started on the 4th of January and I'll tell you what, that first day was just so uncomfortable. Here I am with all these college students and I'm old enough to be their mother :) But now a week and a half into it, the school work is going fine and I think I'll be able to handle it. No one cares that this little mom is sitting next to them in class, no one cares that I have no idea what I'm doing ;) but it's kind of fun! Ask me again in a few weeks how I am, but right now it's good.

So that's an update ... there's so much more to share but right now I've got to do some homework :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

Congrats on the job, we're still trying to find a decent one. Just one would be nice

Good luck with your studies.

1/14/10, 6:38 PM  
Blogger MamaBug said...

That's fantastic news!! Congratulations on the new job & on school. Very exciting!

1/22/10, 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home