Sunday, September 10, 2006

may we never forget...


just finished watching the 9/11 documentary that was made by two brothers following a probationary fireman around in NYC that happeded to be when 9/11 happened. I had watched this same documentary a few years ago. Today, I watched it with the girls. Nervous for Madalyn to be seeing it, but more that aware that the other girls were watching and asking questions. Faces with shock and disbelief. Simply afraid of what had happened. By evil people with hate in their hearts. A quote was given by a firefighter that, "He never realized how evil evil could be." And it struck me....evil. This is the same evil that is tearing apart families and breaking apart homes...It happens on a grand unbelievalbe scale and silently in our own little worlds. The center of our homes and families. As a mother and a parent, I am guarding my family fiercely with truth, patience and love. I remember now why I cried when I saw the flag that hung on the Pentagon in the Smithsoneon this summer. We are lucky to live in America.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nicely put, T. :(

9/11/06, 5:18 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

I cried just seeing your picture of the flag.

9/11/06, 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home