saturday...

just a saturday at home today...
One of our neighbors brought over some peaches the other day, so I now have 7 quarts in the canner on the stove boiling away. Chelsea even asked to help when I did them so we stood at the sink side by side peeling and pitting and cutting peaches up. Of all my girls, she is the one that is most eager to cook and bake. I actually wouldn't have thought that Chelsea would be the most interested by cooking but she is and I need to encourage her more to do it.
Chelsea had another game to cheer at last Thursday. I had a lot of running around to do during game time, so I got to the game in the last 2 minutes on the clock. But I was there for the one and only touchdown that their team made and Chelsea and her squad did the "Bang, Bang, Choo-choo Train" cheer just for me. I had to smile for that one :)
Chantel just found out this morning that she made the cast list for the play at school. She doesn't seem to excited over it but it will still a good and worthwhile activity to be involved in. So far so good for her school stuff too. No major complaints about classes or homework and I've been informed that she spends ALOT of time with Rob at school. hmmm....don't know what to think about that.
Abby is doing very well at school also. The 6th grade teacher for the ALL program is so much more fun than the 5th grade teacher. She makes learning fun but still requires alot of work out of her students. I think Abby is very smart although still so random at times. That is what makes her unique though ;)
Madalyn turned 7 years old yesterday. Unbelievable that it was that long ago that I had her. She loosing her teeth in the front and no longer has that little girl look to her. She's growing up right before my eyes. Her class at school has been good too. She was so excited that Cade is in her class with her. She rarely plays with other girls...it's just her and Cade. She's just a girly tomboy. In fact, her birthday request list consisted of police clothes, handcuffs, Superman stuff, play tools and a Woody from Toy Story. She got a few of those items but I also made sure that she got some pink sparkly lip gloss too! ;)
I'm still waiting for a full week of school home alone too. Paul stayed home yesterday so we could run around and get some errands done. And next week, Monday is no school because of Labor Day...so my full week of alone time will not happen until the week of the 10th... dang!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home